READ EVERYTHING ON THIS FORUM AND YOU DECIDE IF THE CSAC NEEDS A COMPLETE INVESTIGATION ALONG WITH ALL OTHER ATHLETIC COMMISSIONS IN UNITED STATES
Why do we even have a commission. They don’t care about health and safety. They have been taking in money for years from neurological fund but don’t use it to scan fighters. They don’t pay pension collected to Boxers and especially MMA fighters. They claim no head striking Pankration Full Contact and over regulate it while allowing kids as young as 5 strike the head and say it’s light contact. They don’t pay fighters there money once they collected from promoters. They require promoters to give them a list of winners and losers before fight begins. They get caught stealing $100,000.00 from the neurological fund the same week Senator Leland Yee’s office contacts them and Leland Yee all of a sudden changes his mind on sunsetting the CSAC. Just read everything on this site.
Here is Antonio McKees Story on CSAC. It was bad then and worse now than it ever has been.
In 2006 Antonio McKee fought in a CSAC sanctioned event. The CSAC gets a bond from promoter to cover all fighters purses. Antonio went to a CSAC meeting in October which I was there also and requested to get paid to the Commission where six are appointed by the Governor, one by the Senate rules committee, and one by the speaker of the assembly. When he addressed them they said contact Dave Telephone Thorton and he will take care of this matter. I heard them say this. Well Antonio McKee called me and said Dave Thorton was playing MIA. Finally he got in touch with him and asked him about his pay. Dave said Chalk it up as a loss. This is so wrong the CSAC is getting money to cover the fighters pay and don’t pay them. There is no concern for the fighter. I also talked to another fighter from Antonios gym that wasn’t paid either. He had to get an attorney to get paid. Was promissed it two weeks ago but still hasn’t received it. His attorney told him to contact Gil Deluna of the CSAC. Fighters now have to get attorneys to get paid if they can’t afford them they have to chalk it up as a loss. Sometimes the attorney fees are more than the fighters purse so they don’t bother. This is one reason now that C.A.M.O. was formed the fighters don’t get paid and fight on Pro Boxing Cards where they sell more tickets than the Pro Boxers and only the Pro Boxers get a pension and brain scan if ever. The Amateur MMA fighter ticket sells get taxed for Pro Boxers Pension Fund and Neurological Fund but all that money goes into the CSAC secret slush fund.
I was at CSAC meeting in October when the CSAC told Antonio to contact Dave Thorton of the CSAC to get paid. He fought at a CSAC sanctioned fight and was never paid. Dave Thorton told Antonio McKee to chalk it up as a lost. Where is the money and bond the promoter paid. The CSAC is suppose to be there for the Health and Welfare of the fighter. What a joke of a commission telling him to chalk it up as a lost..
This letter was sent to me by a promoter. I took off his name because he was afraid of being blackballed by the corrupt commissions.
— Original Message —
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:17 PM
These are some of things that were done by the commission which disrupted the show.
1. Without my permission wrote on my personnel check without me witnessing and distributed to fighters. This was done by three different people I am assuming one of them was not in the commission.
2.Lost of paperwork that was sent by fax to the commission that caused a loss of matches.
3. Charging me $1000.00 dollars for filming which was not done by TV, cable and was not on Pay per view.
4. To this day I have 0 receipts for anything even the fighters contract, which was was given to the fighters the night of event so I dont know what I paid for?
5. I also have 0 receipts for all fighters that paid cash to the commission which took money from them.
6. Charged me 25% of comp tickets from a wrong number which I still don’t know because I don’t have any receipt.
7. Gave checks to fighters without any amount or proof of amount
8. Lastly I want to know why I have three different hand writings on my personnel checks that was faxed by fighters. I only know of two commission members, who was the third person that wrote on my checks. Do they just authorize anyone to sign peoples check without permission?
9. Using unofficial websites to verify fighters records such as sherdog.com.
10. Lastly the constant threats to shut down your show and the abuse of power that disrupts the promoters ability to conduct business is just plain wrong.
Read Gilberts story how the CSAC was allowed to ruin the competition for UFC, so UFC could gain full control of the sport.
More fighters not being paid by CSAC!
What happened to the $50,000.00 Bond the Promoter is required to put up to cover these problems? Why is now the video being blocked?
Crystal was not paid the money she was promised on the bout contract. The other fighters on the card weren’t paid, either. Some of them came from out of state to fight on the show. This situation should have never happened in the first place, thanks to Che Guevara. However, it happened. Since it happened, the onus is on the front office to use an ounce of common sense and do their jobs.
1. Suspend the license of Raul Orozco.
2. Give the $50k bondholder information to the fighters to hit the bond.
These two actions, simple in nature, would have taken approximately 15 minutes to execute. This is kindergarten-level stuff we’re talking about here. Ice out Orozco’s promoter license and let the fighters do what they have to do in order to get paid the money they were owed.
However, this is the Department of Consumer Affairs we’re talking about here and they managed to screw up an easy situation and turned it into a horrific situation for the victims involved in the matter.
When CSAC’s word isn’t their ($50k) bond: Department of Consumer Affairs leaves fighters vulnerable to predatory promoters
NO CONCERNS FOR SAFETY IN CALIFORNIA WHERE THEY ONLY PUNISH FIGHTERS AND NOT PROMOTERS.
WE NEED ANOTHER AUDIT OF DCA/CSAC ASAP
ANDY FOSTER DOING AS HE DOES TO KEEP THIS CORRUPT COMMISSION AFLOAT. PROMOTERS DO AS YOU PLEASE JUST GET US THE BOXING PENSION FUND AND NEUROLOGICAL FUND MONEY SO WE CAN KEEP PAYING CORRUPT SENATORS TO KEEP US ALIVE. ANDY FOSTER NOT ENFORCING THE WRITTEN LAW AGAIN.
ANDY FOSTER AGAIN OVERLOOKS THE WRITTEN LAW IN CALIFORNIA. DOESN’T WANT TO LOSE THE BIG PROMOTIONS.